Donnerstag, 19. Dezember 2013

SWISS Business Class from Zurich to Bangkok


11.11.2013
LX 180 ZRH-BKK
Seat 4K (Business Class)

At arrival at the gate, there were already quite some people waiting. However, boarding had yet to start, which it did after some minutes. We boarded through door 2L and I took the turn left to the "Stübli". The first impression was very nice with just two rows in front of the galley. The big cabin after the galley looked much more anonymous.

My seat 4K was the first one behind the First Class Cabin at the window. The seat looked quite well and in my opinion it as also absolutely wide enough. The seat becomes a fully flat bed, not an angled one. So there is more than enough room for the legs, too. The seat cushion can be made firmer or softer using the panel on the little "table" next to the seat. The seat also has a massage function, which I found rather basic.

The only part of the seat outdated is the IFE. Though you are sitting quite near because of the staggered seat, it is still small and or mediocre quality. I don't care about this, as I normally only use it for the "airshow" and at last it worked (other than the one in First Class on my way back).

Cushion, blanket and amenity kit already were waiting at my seat. The blanket was a very nice one with one softer side, quite comfortable for sleeping. The Fas offered newspapers and a glass of Champagne, both were accepted.

Punctually we started our short taxi to the runway where the four "hairdryers" sprung to action and got our bird after the usual long take off into the air.

10min after take off the fasten seatbelts sign went off and service began. As this was a redeye flight, the FAs tried to bring us through the dinner in a friendly, but fast and efficient way so everyone could get some sleep afterwards.

I chose the venison ragout as my main course, because I will have Thai food the whole week from now on.

The meal started with Salmon rillettes, quite cold but very good. I liked the main course, too. Others might have found it quite salty but I like it that way. Because of the night time, I skipped the cheese and went directly to the dessert. The white chocolate mousse was again quite cold, but also very good.
Starter

Main Course

Dessert
After dessert I turned the seat into a bed and slept for about 6h very well. I found the seat quite comfortable in bed mode, too. I sleep on my side, so I did not have any problems with the width, either. Bigger persons sleeping on the back may find it a little narrow, though.  Concerning the cubicle for the feet I found it quite spacious. I have shoes in 10 and I could put one foot in front of the other without problems. I was not able to see the difference to the "throne" seats, though, because the Business Class was at almost full load. As a conclusion I must say, that I did not sleep worse than in the "old" First Class seats on my way back.
waking up after a good nap
I liked very much, that the crew held the cabin at a quite low temperature. It was too cold just to stay with a T-Shirt, but it allowed quite a good nap.
Good Morning


About 6h later I woke up quite refreshed and found a bottle of water next to my seat. A nice gesture during the night together with the immigration card and fast lane voucher.

The menu for breakfast on Swiss is quite basic and you have to ask the FAs.  Today it was fruit salad or yoghurt, jam, ham and cheese and as a warm option an omelet. I was not hungry yet so I stayed with the cold part and a nice cappuccino to wake up.
Breakfast

Shortly after breakfast our decent to Bangkok started. After landing we had quite a taxi to the gate with some heavies to see. 



Leaving the plane through door 1L and getting through Immigration to the Airport Rail Link was a matter of minutes. It was a very nice flight with Swiss in Intercontinental Business Class…


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen